The company is looking to hire a lead writer that will manage the writers and producers on Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.
If you recall, WWE posted this same advertisement just last month. At the time they were looking for someone who had at least 10 years of experience. This new filing has reduced that experience to 5 years.
This writer will also work directly with talent. The job also calls for relocation to Stamford, CT. Here is the job posting:
WWE develops and produces 52 weeks of original programming including Monday Night RAW, the longest running weekly episodic television show in history airing on USA, and Friday Night SmackDown airing in primetime every Friday night on FOX. Both RAW and SmackDown combine action, drama, reality, comedy and adventure and the goal of the creative team is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television!
The Lead Writer will have the opportunity to manage, mentor, and develop experienced Writers/Producers with a diverse creative background while simultaneously being accountable for compiling, editing, and developing weekly/long term scripts, storylines, and character development.
- Manage a team of Writers/Producers to build compelling stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
- Lead writing team discussions in brainstorming and laying out weekly episodes and long-term storylines
- Responsible for the development of clearly defined yet emotionally sophisticated characters for a diverse group of WWE Superstars through thought provoking, captivating, and creative storylines
- Edit in-ring promos and backstage segments submitted by writing team members for continuity, character consistency, storyline progression and final punch-ups
- Compile, write, edit, and take ownership of the drafts for their respective shows weekly, including all promotions, graphics, replays and pop culture references
- Constructively mentor and critique individual writers to help develop growth and foster a positive team environment
- Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE and Talent Brands
- Deftly pitch ideas and stories to executives in weekly creative meetings
- Produce and direct Talent in a live television environment on a weekly basis
- Collaborate with internal WWE departments as liaisons for the Creative Writing Team
- Travel weekly to live taping of RAW or SmackDown as well as Pay-Per View events.
- 5+ years of TV/Film writing and production experience
- Experience supervising a writing team and leading a writer’s room
- Experience in all aspects of Live TV production a plus
- Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, storylines, and audience demographic/psychographic
- BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or proven experience in lieu of degree
- Located in NYC/Stamford, CT area OR open/able to relocate
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.